Saturday, March 14, 2009

Country Ham Breakfast

Actually, it was for dinner, served with creamy White Cheddar Grits and Red Eye Gravy. It all began while I was minding my business (actually calling on accounts, well I had one more stop left), when I saw a sign in front of Ingles Supermarket that read, "Strawberries 2 one pound packages for $3" and my focus suddenly shifted. I adore strawberries and had to have them immediately, at that price, so I took a little break from work and went in to purchase strawberries. The strawberries were beauties and I inspected half the display until I found two packages of almost perfect berries.. Then I began to wander around and laid my eyes upon a country ham display and the rest is history, so to speak.

This meal reminds me of my childhood and all the wonderfully delicious breakfasts and dinners we enjoyed growing up. My mother always prepared hot meals for us daily, which, I didn't realize was a really big deal. I now appreciate the fact that she went to such lengths to ensure that we had "real food" during each meal.


Sheila Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment