Friday, July 9, 2010

The Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pound Cake

If you don't know who The Pioneer Woman is, stop right now (I don't mind waiting, but you gotta promise to come back), click here and go to her blog. If you DO know who she is, you know she a BIG KICK ASS deal!! I'm attempting to live up to a small piece of The Pioneer Woman's hype! I'll openly share that I have a few foodie/cooking/do-it-all kinda idols and Mrs. Ree is in my top five. I absolutely love EVERYTHING about her and if you're being introduced to her via this humble little entry, you're going to love her too.

I was stalking her blog, as I often do and saw her Perfect Pound Cake recipe. I bookmarked it and forgot about it, until yesterday. So in my best attempt to do Mrs. Ree proud, I decided to bake it. First of all, it's a very simple recipe; however, I've made messes of simpler things, so I was kinda sorta holding my breath the entire process. Boy oh boy was this worth getting all worked up about!! This cake is DELICIOUS!!! I'm actually munching on a warm hunk of it as I'm typing this. I tweeted and facebooked to my friends that I had cut it while it was still hot.

Now I've got to get back to my cake. My work here is done. You've been introduced to a superwoman and her super cake while providing me the opportunity to be just a teeny bit like Mrs. Ree. You can thank me later (cash, shoes, food and Delta miles accepted).

It's okay, go on back to The Pioneer Woman's blog...you know you want to.

NOTE: The only thing I did differently was use this flavoring instead of the Imitation Butter Flavor in the original recipe.

Sheila Denise

2 comments:

  1. I love The Pioneer Woman website! And oh how I wish I WAS Ree Drummond! She is one amazing gal! I have made her Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich and it was fantastic! I will have to give this recipe a whirl. And thanks for the tip on the Vanilla Butter & Nut Flavoring. I have not noticed it before! It's going on my shopping list for this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ree is some kinda awesome!! I read about the flavoring on a foodie blog, purchased it and never used it--until the pound cake. I'm sure you'll LOVE this recipe!

    ReplyDelete