Saturday, July 17, 2010

Egg Salad TSE Style

The other day, I found myself really craving an egg salad sandwich for lunch. I can't remember the last time I had egg salad, but the urge was incredibly strong. Since I keep boiled eggs in the fridge regularly, I was able to quench my craving quickly. Below is my recipe:

TSE's Egg Salad

2 eggs
A big plop of mayo (or plain Greek yogurt if you wanna be healthy)
A little squirt of yellow or Dijon mustard
A HUGE squeeze of Heinz Hot Relish (NOT Hot Dog Relish, see pic below)
salt & pepper to taste

Cut eggs in half and scoop out the yolk and set aside in bowl. Mash the yolk and combine with mayo, mustard & relish. Chop the egg whites into chunks and add to yolk mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste. Serve on bread of choice or in a scooped out tomato.
As I took this shot, it occurred to me that I eat a sandwich the SAME way each time. I start with the pointed end of the bottom of the sandwich. I know, I know...I'm a big time OCD'er.
Here's the relish I used: Sheila Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment