Saturday, February 12, 2011

And Then There Was Bread!!



With a bit of time on my hands yesterday, I decided to tackle my my desire to improve my bread making skills. Remember this January post? After digging through my always growing recipe stash, I finally decided on a simple loaf of good old white sandwich bread. My line of thinking...simple is best and now that I've eaten a few slices of this delicious bread, simple is FANTASTIC! The recipe is simple and the dough is extremely easy to work with. I had bread in a couple of hours and was eating my first slice (with butter), within minutes of removing it from the pan. I do apologize, my hands were a little too buttery to take a photo, but I THOUGHT about it. I really did, but it just didn't happen.

I have a few more loaf recipes to try, but this one is in the top spot...for now and I highly recommend you give it a shot.

Take the time and use a couple of hours to go from this:


to this:


Do you have a favorite bread recipe that you'd like to share? I'd love to try it.

Sheila Denise

Recipe Source: American Sandwich Bread - Brown Eyed Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment