Monday, June 14, 2010

Kitchen Lifesavers

I've been meaning to blog about these two gadgets for quite some time now. I've owned them since before I began blogging and can't imagine life without them. Of course, I have SEVERAL more lifesavers, but these two are the stars of today's show.

First up is the Side Swipe Spatula Mixer Blade. Y'all this thing is the REAL DEAL. No more stopping to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. I'm the proud owner of a couple of Kitchen-Aid stand mixers and stopping to scrape the bowl just bothered me a wee tad. Well, the SSSMB put an end to all that. Oh man!! The little "fingers" constantly scrape the sides (and the funky bottom) of the bowl, while mixing the ingredients. If you're a Kitchen-Aid owner, please, please consider purchasing one of these. Please ensure that you order the proper blade for your particular KA mixer. Owners of other brands, please keep checking the SSSMB website as it states additional versions will be available Spring 2010 (which is now). I cannot SCREAM loudly enough about the SSSMB!!! Oh and here's a review from Cook's Illustrated.


My second lifesaver is the OXO Corn Stripper. Talk about turning a task into a breeze, this one does exactly that. I'm not sure how many of you have scraped corn off the cob for Southern Fried Corn, Corn Salsa, etc., but removing those kernels is a task that requires your undivided attention. This stripper just zips down the length of the cob leaving the beautiful kernels inside the little chamber. No more corn scrapers or knives!!! My use of recipes involving removing corn from the cob had increased dramatically since this baby entered my life. I promise you'll love this nifty little thing as much as I do.


Well, that's it for today. I'd love to hear about your lifesavers as well.

Sheila Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment