Thursday, January 7, 2010

White Dishes and Why Does This Always Happen To Me???

Okay...the good news first. I have more white dishes!!!! They are the KA-yutest little things. I have the mama sized version and the babies have joined the party. Thank you for allowing me to carry on about such nothingness, but I am one excited chicklette.
Just look at how tiny the little baby is.

Now for the rest of the story...

I've come to realize that I have a real knack for discovering food items and falling head over heels in love with them, only to have them discontinued. What gives?? My Aunt Maxine and I had this discussion a few days ago and we listed several items that have fallen along the wayside that I enjoyed tremendously.

Here's a short list of gone but not forgottens:

1. Ruby Tuesday's bread sticks (some of y'all may be too young to remember these).
2. Bonnie shortbread cookies by Lance.
3. Lemon and Strawberry powdered sugar by Domino.
4. French Vanilla Creme coffee (the manufacturer escapes me - it's been almost 15 years and I STILL remember the oh so perfect taste of this coffee).
5. Cabot's Horseradish Cheddar. Mind you, I just discovered this in 2009 and could only find it in Publix stores in Macon. I was recently shattered to hear that it will no longer be available (per Mr. Publix Man).
6. Tostitos Sweet & Spicy Summer Salsa. I purchased a jar at Big Lots in Valdosta YESTERDAY only to do a little Googling tonight to find out that it's discontinued.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do bad things happen to good people??? Okay, I know I'm being bit dramatic, but I'm heartbroken once again. I'll enjoy this one little jar and will be on the lookout for it in every nook and cranny of ALL the Big Lots in the state of GA.

This stuff is tasty, tasty, tasty. If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe this guy. From what I've read about him so far, he's quite the guru on all things hot and spicy and he is definitely right about this salsa.

I think I'll try it on blackened fish tacos this weekend. Stay tuned...


Sheila Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment