Thursday, June 2, 2011

Open-Faced Blackened Tilapia Sandwich {Cooking Light}


I just finished wolfing down my lunch. It was a late lunch and I was STARVING! In my excitement to eat, I forgot to toast the bread for the sandwich, but I can't imagine that the sandwich could taste any better with it toasted. Shoot, you don't even need to bother with the bread!! It's just THAT good!! I happened upon this recipe in the June 2011 issue of Cooking Light and decided to switch it up a little bit. The original recipe is Open-Faced Blackened Catfish Sandwiches, but I swapped the catfish for tilapia, which I almost always have on hand. I made my slaw from scratch and doctored it up a bit, by swapping the lime juice for apple cider vinegar, for a tangy bite, then added red onion, diced pickled jalapeno and crumbled blue cheese. My cilantro looked like a train wreck, so it didn't make it to the party.

TSE's Open-Faced Blackened Tilapia Sandwich with Jalapeno Blue Cheese Slaw

If you're not familiar with Cooking Light, I suggest you get with the program. They have FABULOUS lighter-fare recipes and most of them are extremely simple to prepare. This recipe, gets FIVE stars!!


This sandwich is incredibly delicious!! I really think you should try it...tonight.

Sheila Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment