Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's Pecan Pie Day Y'all!!

When I discovered this pecan pie recipe, I filed it away to share with you today. I'm out of town for a few days, and I'm not sure if I'll spend any time baking, but this one is definitely on my "to bake" list. If you know anything about me, you know I'm a lover of pecans, cream cheese and caramel, so combining these three flavors in a pie crust is something I'm really looking forward to. I have a wonderful Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe that I usually make for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but this one is so much easier and faster. According to stats from The Georgia Pecan Commission, my home state produces 88 million pounds of pecans each year--enough to make 176 million pies. I'm now wondering how many of those 88 million pounds can be directly connected to me. Very likely, many more pounds than I'm willing to admit!! LOL

In honor of National Pecan Pie Day, here's the recipe. I know I'll be making a couple of changes by using salted caramel and making my own crust. Enjoy!!

Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake Pie


Sheila Denise

P.S. While you're checking out The Georgia Pecan Commission's site, browse through their great recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment