Monday, June 15, 2009

Stacked Crab Salad


I was feeding my electronics habit at COSTCO a couple of days ago and left with a new mini laptop and a container of Phillips Lump Crab Meat. I don't know which excited me more, but I do know that I was on a natural high.

I tossed around the idea of making crab cakes, but decided I wasn't much into sauteeing anything for dinner, so I decided to make crab salad. Then I discovered that I had no crackers or crispy bread sticks in the pantry. So what was a girl to do?? Well, there was bacon and a small piece of iceberg in the fridge and I had tomatoes and an avocado. My meal was coming together!!

I do apologize for not having an actual recipe, but I rarely measure when I'm in my "what-will-I-eat-tonight" mode, but this is what I combined to make the crab salad:

Some crabmeat
A piece of celery, chopped
A piece of red pepper, chopped
A smidge of sour cream (didn't have mayo)
A squeeze of lime
Fresh cracked pepper

Then I began the stack in a large can on a plate. Covered with plastic and placed it in the fridge and allowed it to set for about 30 minutes. I zapped the bacon while the salad chilled and crumbled it and topped the salad. Dinner was served with a couple of drizzles of olive oil.


Sheila Denise

4 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful and sounds delicious.

    (Thanks for stopping by my blog! I grew up in Marietta; how funny is that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy and thank you. I love your blog.It truly is a small world after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmm...nothing like a good "Crab" dish. I spent 7 years working in Baltimore, MD...a fabulous center for crab. New England certainly does not understand the content of a real "crab" dish and I suffer whenever I go out to eat and I see crab on the menu.

    This is such a nice summer treat and again...a fabulous crab meal!

    Thanks for sharing this Sheila.

    Your Nutty Northern Friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,


    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete