Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cinnamon Chipotle Salmon with Rosemary Parmesan Hassleback Potato


Don't you just detest it when you consider something to be fool-proof and you're proven wrong? This usually happens when I'm eating out and thinking I'm making safe menu selections. This happened to me at lunchtime today and man was I disappointed. I ordered a BLT Salmon Salad--fool-proof right?? Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. I feel that you have to work really, really hard to screw up a piece of salmon, but I was the recipient of such really, really hard work. It was an absolute disaster, it was overcooked and presented so poorly that I didn't even bother to taste it. I'm not one who gives second chances often, so I decided to just bypass lunch. I think I was more disappointed in the presentation than the overcooked state of the salmon. If I can't get past the looks, it doesn't get past my lips (cute huh?). I drank Diet Coke for lunch and looked forward to the two hour drive home to make my own salmon for dinner. I had a canister of McCormick's Cinnamon Chipotle Rub that I was curious to use and I'm so glad I chose to try it with salmon.

Sheila Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment