Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Favorite Chicken Salad

This is my favorite version of chicken salad, loaded with Granny Smith apples, currants, red grapes and pecans. Sweet, tart, crunchy, creamy and delicious!


For some time now, my Aunt Maxine's chicken salad was the standard by with all others were judged. As one of my cooking idols (okay she's one of my all around idols), I'm always trying to make dishes that taste almost as good a hers. I had a desire for chicken salad and I usually plan a trip to Macon to visit her (after mentioning how much I'd love to have some chicken salad) to quench my desire. This time, I decided I'd give Aunt Maxine a break, so I used her recipe to make what I consider to be one of my tastiest, easiest creations. Although my chicken salad is delicious, it can never replace Aunt Maxine's version--in this case it's about much, much more than the chicken salad--it's the love she puts into it and the time we share while enjoying it.

Sheila Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment